Fees and Charges
Tickets to Festival events are sold by a variety of ticketing agents, each with different booking fees and ticket processing charges. As far as it is possible to calculate, the prices for events listed in this brochure are inclusive of fees and charges. However in some cases additional booking fees may apply, depending upon where you purchase tickets and the method of purchase.
Refunds and Exchanges
The Festival of Japan regrets that it is not possible to refund completed bookings, except as required by law. Exchanges for events are not permitted.
Concession prices apply to persons who are aged 15 years and under. Proof of concession eligibility is required at point of sale and upon entering venues.
In consideration of performers and other patrons at performances, please note:
- The Festival of Japan reserves the right to exclude latecomers at certain events or to admit only at a suitable point in the performance.
- The use of mobile telephones, audible paging devices and alarm or chiming watches is not permitted.
- The use of cameras and other recording equipment constitutes a breach of copyright and is strictly prohibited.
Program Guide Details
Program guide details are correct in all Festival of Japan publications at the time of printing but are subject to change where necessary and without notice. Please always refer to the website for current updates.
Terms of Sale
Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event (Event) promoted or presented by the Festival of Japan. By purchasing a ticket to an event promoted or presented by Festival of Japan, its sponsors or affiliates, you are agreeing to these Terms of Sale.
Conditions of Purchase
- Once a Ticket has been purchased, no refunds or exchanges will be given except as required by law.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased from the Event venue or an authorized agent of the Festival of Japan. The Festival of Japan has the right to immediately cancel any tickets promoted, advertised or sold in breach of this condition without compensation to you.
- Where Tickets are purchased through an Event venue or an authorized agent of the Festival of Japan, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and any additional terms and conditions imposed by the Event venue or authorized agent.
- You must not re-sell or offer to re-sell any Tickets at a premium or use any of them for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without the prior written consent of the Festival of Japan. The Festival of Japan has the right to deny entry to the bearer of a Ticket acquired in breach of this condition without compensation.
- The Festival of Japan makes no representations or warranties as to the availability of any Event sessions offered and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity without notice to you.
Conditions of Attendance
- The Festival of Japan and the relevant Event venue reserve the right of admission.
- The Festival of Japan or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry if your Ticket has been cancelled, is not valid or has been defaced or damaged.
- The Festival of Japan and the relevant Event venue may impose additional specific conditions in relation to entry or attendance to a particular Event.
- Patrons arriving late to an Event will not be admitted into the venue until a suitable break in the Event and will be seated at the discretion of management.
- You must not engage in offensive or inappropriate behavior at an Event, including but not limited to by wearing or otherwise displaying any commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos.
- You must turn off any mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment in your possession before entry into an Event.
- You must not bring a camera or other recording device into an Event, and you are strictly prohibited from broadcasting, narrow-casting or recording any Events without the prior written consent of the Festival of Japan.
- You agree that you may be filmed, taped, interviewed, photographed or recorded while attending an Event, and you consent to the Festival of Japan or third parties engaged by the Festival of Japan filming, taping, interviewing, photographing or recording you. You further agree that the Festival of Japan may use, publish, edit, incorporate or otherwise exploit (and authorise others to do the same) any materials produced under this clause for any purpose without further reference to you.
- Without prejudice to any other rights which the Festival of Japan or the venue owner may have, if you contravene any of these Terms of Sale, you may:
(i) be refused entry to, or removed from, the venue;
(ii) have your Ticket confiscated and/or cancelled without refund or recompense; and
(iii) be disqualified from purchasing tickets for or entering into other Events.
- In the event that you are refused entry to an Event for any reason, then, in accordance with these Terms of Sale, no refund will be paid.
Members of the Festival of Japan Committee or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
A donation must be made to the Festival of Japan in order to participate
- 500 yen allows one entry
- 1,000 yen allows three entries
Entries will only be valid for the night of donation. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Winners will be chosen by draw of a numbered ticket, matching a corresponding ticket or tickets provided by the Festival of Japan upon donation or listed amount or more. A member of the audience or the evenings performer will be selected to pull the ticket out of a box containing all numbered tickets from that evening.
The winner will be notified at the event, and the prize will be transferred at that time. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within immediate notification at the event, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Japanese law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Japan.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Japanese data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Festival of Japan Committee and not to any other party.
You are responsible for your own safety and property when attending an Event, and to the extent permitted by law you release the Festival of Japan and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from any liability for any claims, damage or loss you may suffer in relation to your attendance at an Event, howsoever caused, including due to any negligence or other act or omission of the Festival of Japan.
You agree to indemnify the Festival of Japan and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licencors, suppliers and agents against any claims, loss or damage suffered as a result of your willful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions at an Event.
The Festival of Japan is not liable for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expenses that may be suffered or incurred as a result of an Event being cancelled, postponed or changed.
Events may be subject to adverse weather conditions. Patrons accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur during the event and acknowledge that tickets will not be refunded or exchanged, unless the event is cancelled by the festival organizers. The event will only be cancelled if conditions are deemed dangerous. In the event of cancellation due to dangerous adverse weather conditions, either prior to or during the event, refunds will be at the point of sale. You must retain your original tickets to claim the refund.